Handy Cyber Tip Sheet - Gaming
Adobe Acrobat Version (PDF 955 KB)
Easy ways to make sure you play safe while gaming.
- Keep your game software up-to-date, and don't download unauthorized programs related to the game.
- Make sure your computer is fully loaded with a firewall, anti-spy software and anti-virus software.
- Use strong passwords: at least 8 characters long, containing letters, numbers and symbols. Also, choose a username that doesn't reveal your identity.
- If your firewall lets you designate specific IP addresses to fellow gamers, do so: it makes them trusted partners and makes you less likely to encounter dangerous malware.
- Choose a username that doesn't reveal anything about your identity. Consider using a nickname.
- Date modified: