Get Cyber Safe
Champion guide for organizations
In this guide
- What is Get Cyber Safe?
- Why should my organization become a champion?
- How can we participate?
- How can I convince my manager?
- Become a social media champion
- Get in touch
- Make your office space cyber safe
What is Get Cyber Safe?
Get Cyber Safe is a campaign led by the Communications Security Establishment to inform Canadians about the simple steps they can take to stay safe online.
Get Cyber Safe champions are organizations who are dedicated to promoting a safer and more secure internet.
Why should my organization become a champion?
We’ll start with the biggest reason: because Canadians care about cyber safety.
The way our partnerships work is simple. We provide you with the latest information you need to stay safe online, and you share it with your network to help them stay informed about cyber safety.
- 48% of Canadians have researched anti-virus software 1
- 38% of Canadians have looked up secure home networks1
- 30% of Canadians searched for information on protecting files and devices1
How can we participate?
Becoming a Get Cyber Safe champion is simple. It’s free. You can get started right away by following these steps:
- Finish reading this guide
- Download our social media toolkit
- Share our pre-crafted social media content, or write your own using our Get Cyber Safe fact sheets
- Follow us on social for more sharable content
How can I convince my manager?
If you’d like your organization to become a Get Cyber Safe champion but have to run it by your manager first, here are a few talking points you can use:
- Get Cyber Safe is a trusted government campaign.
- Becoming a Get Cyber Safe champion is completely free.
- Helping Canadians stay cyber safe builds your corporate social responsibility.
- Get Cyber Safe has resources to help your organization keep up to date with the latest cyber security advice.
- No content writing is required — Get Cyber safe provides pre-written social posts.
- Get Cyber Safe fact sheets and infographics can help teach your employees better cyber safety practices.
Become a social media champion
Don’t have the resources to write your own content? No problem. We’ve created a series of posts you can use on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn so you can start sharing right away.
Or, if you want to fit Get Cyber Safe content into your own brand, you can download our fact sheets to get the information you need to write your own posts.
Get in touch
Let us know that you are becoming a Get Cyber Safe champion!
You can reach Get Cyber Safe through the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security’s contact centre:
Toll Free: 1-833-CYBER-88 (1-833-292-3788)
Make your office space cyber safe
Get personalized Get Cyber Safe items like wallpapers, screensavers and more for your organization’s internal screens, Intranet or office space.
Email: email@example.com for more information.
1 Public Safety Canada, Survey of Internet Users Regarding Cyber Security, EKOS Research Associates, 2018
Get Cyber Safe Champion Guide for Organizations
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: