Participate in SCRUB Day
March 28, 2019
When did you last review your social media photos and friend lists?
On March 28, participate in SCRUB Day. “SCRUB” your social media accounts to tidy up your online profiles and protect your privacy and personal information.
To “SCRUB” your social media profiles, you should:
Set privacy options
- Limit who can see your posts and photos, and who can tag you.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
Remove inappropriate posts
- Delete posts which reveal too much personal info or could be used to hurt you.
- Untag yourself from photos you don’t want on your profile and ask whoever posted the photos to delete them.
- Block follower requests and messages from strangers! They may be criminals trying to scam you, steal your personal information, or harm you.
Follow @GetCyberSafe and share these images with #SCRUBday to join the movement that is sweeping the Internet!
- Date modified: