Setting up your profile securely
It's easy to protect yourself on social networking sites by going to the profile settings and making sure your life isn't an open book for anyone to read.
Here are a few things you can do to protect your profile:
- Always set your privacy settings to the highest level available.
- Control who can search your name, see your photos or view your profile.
- Don't include your age, address, phone number or email address.
- Remember that any photos or videos you post online can be downloaded, altered or printed, so consider a graphic or avatar for your profile picture.
- Give lots of thought to posts, blogs and status updates that give away too much information.
- Date modified: