5 easy ways to #DefendYourDevice
April 3, 2017
You put a case on your device to guard it from drops, spills and physical damage. It's important to #DefendYourDevice from cyber threats as well, such as malicious software (malware).
Protect your personal information, data and files, and even your money from malware with these five easy steps:
- Keep your device up-to-date
- Install updates to your device's operating system, apps, and antivirus and firewall software, as soon as they become available.
- Set software and apps to 'auto-update' so you don't miss out on the latest security features
- Download with discretion
- Install apps and download or transfer files only from reputable, trusted sources.
- Be aware of the legal implications of downloading and file sharing.
- Open only what you know
- Don't open attachments, links, MMS, or SMS messages from unknown sources.
- Delete suspicious emails and messages.
- Be #Wise-Fi
- Use password protected and trusted Wi-Fi connections.
- Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth services when not in use.
- Keep your phone number to yourself
- Don't put your number on social networks or public websites.
The best defense is a strong offense. For more tips on how to #DefendYourDevice from malware visit GetCyberSafe.ca/defend
There are no comments at this time
- Date modified: